- Standing Up For Us, with its gorgeous jazz chords and Latin sections, is now available for advanced flute and piano. Enjoy our
- Valarie Morris is taking new accordion, piano, clarinet, saxophone, and flute students. Also students who want to explore arranging and composing. For lessons and more information, email or call 505.992.2524.
- Listen to clips of Early Morning, Late Afternoon,
and Mid Night, our Handbell Trilogy for handbell choir. You can hear clips of other music on our instrument pages.
- July 2015 to July 2018 New York State School Music Association (NYSSMA) selections include Roberta Mandel's "Blues for James" and "For Billy Strayhorn"
from Jazz Tunes for Friends. NYSSMA selected "Oscar" (inspired by Oscar Peterson) and other piano solos in the book for their July 2012
to July 2015 festival performance manual. Arturo Sandoval performed "Oscar" at the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts.
- NYSSMA also selected works by Valarie Morris for viola, oboe, clarinet
English horn, bassoon, vibraphone, percussion ensemble, trombone, and vocal quartet for their 2015 to 2018 performance manual.
- Enjoy Shenandoah for alto sax and tenor sax!
- Valarie Morris' The 8-Minute Genetically-Modified Opera, the world's
shortest opera, was commissioned and premiered by William Ballowe and Elizabeth Mitchell in Santa Fe, NM. The composition was
later performed at Fuller Lodge Art Center in Los Alamos by the Amhran Trio featuring soprano Louise Mendius, John Hargreaves
(horn), and Cindy Little (piano).
- For commissions, please email your name and address or call 505.992.2524.